Friday, November 7, 2014

Studio life November 7, 2014

I had a rather difficult day at my studio today. I was trying to follow the lead of Blue Night but using some different substrates. Blue Night is on Rives paper. Today I tried encaustic on .004 DuraLar and .007 DuraLar. I also tried another blue on Rives. None of these gave me the satisfaction of Blue Night.

I haven't figured out how to exhibit Blue Night yet. It is merely a piece of heavy paper with wax on it but I don't really want to frame it. I'd like to attach it to the wall somehow with invisible mounting. We'll see. I have time to figure it out as I don't plan on sending Blue Night out the door until the January show at WSG.

I'm looking forward with enthusiasm to an art retreat I'm going on with 5 art friends - my critique group. We'll spend our days at the Saugatuck Center for the Arts in their studio space. We'll stay at a friends house. It will be a good concentrated time of creativity and we'll make good food in the evening. We did this last year also.

On Monday I will rehang a piece I sold to Ameritrade in downtown Ann Arbor. I had made a modification at their request but now it's done and I'll be happy to say good bye . . . again. The piece is The Secret Lives of Waves, subtitled Tribute to Manganese. I'll post the installed photo of it next week.

No comments: